Sunday, May 07, 2006

Big Slick

Big Slick is a great hand to get but how do you play it?
All the theory says raise at least 3 times the big blind to have the best chance.
But what about when the flop comes with a pair?
I am beginning to think that the most profitable way is just to call and see the flop cheaply.
I am going to try a different style of play.
I am going to go from the classic 'tight aggressive' to 'tight passive'.
That means I will still only play strong starting hands, but rather than try to get players out before the flop I shall just call and how things change on the flop.
I have found that with 'tight aggressive' I put a lot in before the flop but if the flop does not help I either check it away or put more money in the try and take the pot only to lose to a weaker starting hand.
Anyway, I'll give it a go and let you know.
www.pokersisters.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home